...

Discussion: Erin passed out a revised... FA Coordinator Meeting May 13, 2009

by user

on
Category: Documents
2

views

Report

Comments

Transcript

Discussion: Erin passed out a revised... FA Coordinator Meeting May 13, 2009
FA Coordinator Meeting
May 13, 2009
9:30am
Finance Conference Room
ITEM 1.
Items from Pam & Erin
Discussion:
Erin passed out a revised version of “Exploring Student Financials”. She is working to
make changes to simplify navigating through the screens.
ACTION:
Erin to email Carol a copy for distribution. (Done)
VA Deferment process shouldn’t be used for just test fees. Further information will be
forthcoming as to what fees will be covered. Pam will need data relating to what student
fees, etc. will be covered and who is paying? There will be one (1) VA Deferment per
academic year.
ACTION:
Dugues to give Pam and Erin the name and phone number of the VA contact person.
ITEM 2.
Bright Futures – award amount, “w’s”
Discussion:
July 1st – Bright Futures Medallion / rate will be a flat amount - $78.00 per credit hour.
At this juncture, we are not certain what the rate will be for the BAS Program.
Changes in Bright Futures to be posted on the PBCC Web/Financial Aid, etc.
If a student Withdraws AFTER add/drop, we send the $$ back to the State.
Credit and Collections side will look into payment options/constraints.
Beginning July 1 – C & C will begin reporting delinquent student receivables information
to the Credit Bureau.
ACTION:
Dave and Dugues to begin structuring information for the website.
ITEM 3.
Unemployment/PJ
Discussion:
Individuals on unemployment as of May 10 – to receive a letter from the Gov. encouraging
enrollment in Community Colleges. Wages can be adjusted to “0” with documentation.
ITEM 4.
SAP
Discussion:
With record high unemployment, industry collapses, etc. need for re-training of millions of
Americans is necessary; we need to be mindful of this with SAP appeals.
ACTION:
Dave to send email to all Advisors on this.
ITEM 5.
Non-Academic Issue Resolution Chart
Revised 5/2009
Discussion:
Copies of the Internal Non-Academic Student Problem Resolution Procedure –Internal
were distributed and discussed briefly. Each chart may be customized for each campus.
ITEM 6.
Staffing Updates
Discussion:
Belle Glade – Marvita has a new FA Advisor starting May 18th. LW Campus
is in the process of completing interviews for hiring a new FA Advisor.
ACTION:
Marvita will email Carol the full name of the new hire.
ITEM 7.
Outsourcing verifications-meeting with VP Becker –Thursday 14th
Discussion of the three possibilities offered: OPS or 1 of 2 Vendors.
ITEM 8.
Retreat for EM Action Plans?
Discussion of tentatively gathering off site, possibly the end of June.
ACTION:
Dave to investigate possible locations.
ITEM 9.
Other
09-2010 Form – obtain from Dugues when available.
Attendance:
Dave Bodwell
Carol Cook
Jennifer Donn
Marvita Davis
Submitted by: cch
Revised 5/2009
Shirley Diah
Dugues Jean-Laurent
Angel Camilo
Pam Harrison
Erin Jordan
Fly UP